Sunday, September 13, 2009

Vicariously Lovin’ Locs

I went to my family reunion yesterday and I got so many questions about my shorter hair. I have had so much support from my family throughout this 7 year loc journey. I have many family members (mom, sister, cousins and aunts) who rock some fierce naturals! The first thing several people said to me was, “Why did you cut your hair?!?!” My first response was that “I’m about to cut my locs out.” Each person responded with a disgusted, “WHY?!?!” Then when I explained that I would be starting over with Sisterlocks™, most were totally understanding of my decision. Others understood after I explained the difference between my traditional locs and Sisterlocks™. That experience opened my eyes to just how many people are vicariously admirers of Sisterlocks™. We’re in the middle of September and I am planning on having my consultation in October. It’s getting closer and I am getting more and more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment