Monday, November 23, 2009

One Month Progress

It’s been exactly one month since my Sisterlock babies were born! I am absolutely in love!!! I washed my hair 2 days before my follow-up visit. I braided/banded and washed. After towel drying my hair I took the braids out and set my hair on lock loops. Here is how that turned out.


My follow up visit was today and my scalp feels rejuvenated. I like the feel of freshly tightened hair. It took about 2 ½ hours to complete. My consultant (Olohimai) says that my babies are coming along nicely. She thinks that it should not take that long for them to lock. (Yipeee!!!) She told me to keep up whatever I’ve been doing; which is proper braiding/banding for washing, only using water for now for moisture, sleeping with a satin cap, and wearing a shower cap. I don’t have much slippage, but the little that I do have is mostly at the crown. We contributed that to washing hair in shower, so I need to watch the water pressure.
These pictures are after the retightening session. I can see progress!

We are going to try the next retightening at 5 weeks. We think every 5-6 weeks should be cool! Peace and Blessings!

1 comment: