Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My 1st Wash and Braid-out

Day 8 and I decided to wash my hair instead of waiting for day 14. Not sure it I will go for a weekly or bi-weekly wash yet. I guess it just depends on how the spirit moves me. I braided and banded my hair. Each bunch had about 20 or 21 locks and I ended up with 19 bunches. I also had about 13-25 very small sisterlocks along my hairline that I bunched in groups of 3. So that confirms my lock count around 400. (The fact that I am a math teacher along with a few traits of OCD, yes I am obsessed with numbers.) After the wash, I let the braids stay in over night and let my hair air dry. After 2 days, I came to the conclusion that I need curls at the top of my head to avoid the flat look. So I wet set them overnight. So here’s what my hair looked like with the braid-out wet set combo style.




After thoughts:

  • some days I feel like my hair looks like a jheri curl (not a good look in 2009, no offense to those still rocking the jheri)

Tell me this doesn't look a little jheri curl-ish?

  • the older my hair gets the better behaved it is
  • I do have shrinkage
  • the fill in is noticeable after the first wash (Praise the Lord)

Before 1st wash

After wash

No comments:

Post a Comment